Each year in the state of Texas approximately 30,000 children are involved in the foster care system due to abuse or neglect. These children are cared for by some incredible families who have accepted the responsibility to care for children in their most vulnerable moment. But who is caring for those families?
my faith FAMILY is a church-based ministry to the foster families who care for children in need. my faith FAMILY churches embed and surround each foster family with volunteers—we call them “Villagers”—who embrace the missional call to care for those who care for orphaned children. These churches have accepted the calling of James 1:27, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress.”
my faith FAMILY Core Values
- Church: because the Body of Christ is uniquely called to love through relationships
- Children: because every child longs for a loving family
- Foster families: because they give local children a safe and nurturing home environment
- Villager support groups: because healthy foster families produce healthy foster children
- Prayer: because ultimately this is God’s work